Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i know this has been asked alot but i already did a search and couldn't find anything conclusive...

i'm trying to decide between 3.55's and 3.73's for my 93 cobra, the car is mostly street driven with very little track time but i do go every now and then to check times and so forth but for the most part its my daily driver. I drive as much highway as i do normal streets so i don't need high rpm's at highway speed.

What would you think?

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Will, I was in the same boat with my cobra when I first got it. I went with the 3.55's and regret that move to this day. If I could do it all over I personally would have gone 4.10's. Its been to the track once and thats all it will ever see of the track. For the street the 3.55's just arent any fun, you will like the 3.73's much more. Highway cruising wont be bad with the 3.73's, hell I run 4.10's in my lx and cruise the highway all the time. Do it right the first time and get the 73's.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've got 3.73's in my '88 GT and it runs at about 2300 rpm at 70 mph. Might be a tick over 2500 at 70 with 4.10's so highway driving shouldn't be an issue. You will be shifting more in city driving. I'm happy with the 3.73's but 4.10's would be a hoot!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think im gonna go with the 3.73's 4.10's i think would be a bit much for stop and go driving .... any body else have opinions?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've got 3.73s in mine! Like someone said, 22-2300 in 5th around 70. If you're gonna keep it n/a, I would get 4.10s. If you plan on using boost someday, I would stick with the 3.73s.

Take it easy!
josh

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2200-2300 sounds about as high as i wanna be around 70 so i think im gonna roll with 3.73's... thanks for the info guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts