Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, another newbie asking exhaust questions.

Here goes.
I am considering an exhaust upgrade (from stock). I want something that will flow better to compliment the new throttle body and MAF that will go on this week.
I am considering a set of Edelbrock RPM (#5646) exhaust with a Bassani X-pipe.

Does anyone have any experience with this setup? Other Suggestions?

·
Registered
273 Posts
If you want an exhaust that won't piss of the neighbors you better trade in the stang for a focus!:lol:

I like the Xpipe, If you don't want it very loud you may consider getting one with high flow cats if you haven't already. I have not heard those mufflers on a mustang. I heard them on a Camaro once and they were loud, but someone else my have better info on what they sound like on a mustang.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, who cares about the neighbors

So, the neighbors aren't the real problem...it is the wife. The setup can't be too obnoxious...that's all.

I keep reading about nightmarish drone problems. Should the Xpipe help with that?

·
Registered
44 Posts
i dont know about the x pipe but i just installed some ultra flo mufflers from dynomax and they are very quiet plus they are offering a $25 rebate per muffler, bought mine from summit for 59.95 each

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Longtubes help a hole bunch with the drone you hear about all the time. THe differance is crazy.

·
Registered
295 Posts
And the drone from some combo's can be truly nightmarish! I had a horrible highway drone problem on a previous Fox I owned. When I changed my exhaust recently, I went with a Bassani Street Thunder cat-back that uses resonators in the tail pipes to cancel out drone. It works great--neighbor friendly but screams at WOT with absolutely no drone!

I highly reccomend it! :joy:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BlueThunder88 said:
I went with a Bassani Street Thunder cat-back that uses resonators in the tail pipes
Where online can I shop for Bassani parts?
I'm still a bit confused about longtubes...where is the space from them taken from? Can I use an Xpipe with the longs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts