Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I having trouble deciding between a Auto Logic Chip and a Diable Chip. My 97' Cobra is mostly stock except for the usual bolt ons. ( Full exhaust, K&N Filter, gears, etc...) I plan to get Steeda pulleys and a Densecharger with the Chip. Which of the two chips do you think is better? The Diablo or Auto Logic? Where is the best place to order either one of those chips from?

-Thanks.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Your best bet would be to get a custom tune with either chip. The chip doesn't really matter only the tune. So make sure you have someone reputable tuning your chip. If there is no where to dynotune near you then I hear onerichrunner has good mailorder chips. I say go for the dynotune. It will only cost you 100-150.00 extra plus you will get dyno charts + A/F ratio charts. Good luck with whatever you choose.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
98blackfangz said:
Your best bet would be to get a custom tune with either chip. The chip doesn't really matter only the tune. So make sure you have someone reputable tuning your chip. If there is no where to dynotune near you then I hear onerichrunner has good mailorder chips. I say go for the dynotune. It will only cost you 100-150.00 extra plus you will get dyno charts + A/F ratio charts. Good luck with whatever you choose.
No dynotune up where my car is. It's is 1.5 hrs north of here. She is alseep for the winter back home. Can't take a car your first year in College :( . Modding Mustangs isn't very popular up north, however, I see more ricers up there than I do here. :lol: The only place that might be able to tune my chip is the local performance shop. (Also where I bought and had all my exhaust mods installed.) The place is owned by Keystone Auto (the company Joe Amato founded www.driverfx.com ) You think they would be able to give me a good performance tune? They sell a lot of performance products, I'm not sure if they would be able to give me a good tune though, or shall I just order one from onerichrunner?

·
Registered
230 Posts
get one from onerichrunner then. From everything I have read you won't be dissapointed. here is the site www.SoCalDiablo.com. Good luck!

·
Registered
230 Posts
BTW when you said full exhaust, did you mean headers, x or h-pipe, and catback exhaust? If you have Longtube headers you will definately see some results from a tune. I was impressed with my tune afterwards but that was because I was running lean 14 something to 1. After A/F correction I picked up 15 rwhp and about 25 rwtq. I have dynosheet of before and after tune if you are interested.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Go with onerichrunner. Cant be beat for mail order. I pulled over 2 10th's from his chip.

Todd

·
Registered
319 Posts
I used Onerichrunner in the past and his chip tuning skills are top notch.:D Go with him and he will treat you right man.

Razor.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I'm sure Shawn does good work but good luck on mail order chips.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Take a day on a weekend and drive up to Jimmy Larocca's shop in NJ. It's probably not more than an hour from Philly and he's one of the best in the business. Just make sure you call for an appointment first.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have a Diablo Delta chip from onerichrunner..GREAT SERVICE!!!Also Shawn, great hands-on knowledge when it comes to modulars...Good-Luck with whatever chip you use...his # is 1562 694-4807...PBWY

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
98blackfangz said:
BTW when you said full exhaust, did you mean headers, x or h-pipe, and catback exhaust? If you have Longtube headers you will definately see some results from a tune. I was impressed with my tune afterwards but that was because I was running lean 14 something to 1. After A/F correction I picked up 15 rwhp and about 25 rwtq. I have dynosheet of before and after tune if you are interested.
FMS shorty headers (didn't want to deal with headaches associated with LTs), BBK Hpipe W/ CATs, Flowmaster American Thunder catback. BADA$$ SOUND :evil:

Question- I see you have the steeda timing adjuster. This worth what you pay for it? Think I should get this insted of the Densecharger?

www.SoCalDiablo.com. That onerichrunners site?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yep that is onerichrunner's site.

As for the Timing adjuster, it isn't worth jack if you have a good chip and tune. You will get much better timing adjustment through a chip. Go with the densecharger instead. Invest in a PRO-M 77mm, 80mm, or 87mm if you have the cash. You will see more gains from a new MAF then you will from the densecharger but paired up they make a good combo.

As for headaches with long tubes, I haven't heard any serious problems with the Hookers. My peak numbers match alot of 98's with LT's but they have so much more mid range. That is way I am ditching my FRPP shorties.

Later.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts