Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vortech T-Rex or the BBK Power Plus serie In-Line Pump??

How many hours needed to install one??

A local shop told me it takes 4 hours to install it, cause he have to drop the fuel tank a little, and the relay, wirings and the plumbing is a PITA.

$65.00 a hours labor rate.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Neither! The Walbro 255 lph high pressure external pump is the way to go. It will outflow those pumps. I think the walbro part number is GSL392. You can get the pump and fittings at www.autoperformanceengineering.com for cheaper than a T-Rex.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Unless your wearing panties when buying a fuel pump then get the above BBK etc.! Or just order a real pump like the Weldon 2025!

·
Registered
877 Posts
philmiup said:
i already have the 255lph in tank pump already.
the gss392 is an external pump similar to the t rex but it does flow better and is cheaper. when you order just tell them you need the lines and fittings to hook up into the factory lines. 4 hours is too long,2 tops or he is slooooooooooow. if you can change the fuel filter it works the same way with those plastic clips. just drive till about on empty and get a floor jack and a helper to drop the tank. wiring is easy and all you will need is a crimper and a relay kit.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just listen to MYOWNR. The T-rex and BBK pumps flow 188 lph, which has been known to cause an in-tank 255 lph pump to go bad due to the restriction of the t-rex. Why put a 188 lph pump after your 255 lph in-tank. Get a 255 lph Walbro external pump TO GO WITH your 255 lph internal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts