Ford Mustang Forums banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Full Tilt Boogie Racing make a two piece rear rotor/bracket that uses the stock rear caliper, but the rotors are 13 inch. Looks pretty nice. Little extra leverage for the rear.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Full Tilt Boogie Racing make a two piece rear rotor/bracket that uses the stock rear caliper, but the rotors are 13 inch. Looks pretty nice. Little extra leverage for the rear.
are they solid or vented?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I bought the Wildwood big brake kit and ended up returning. The finish on the black calipers were horrible. I even had a second pair shipped to me, same thing.

Wildwood claims the finish was normal.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
that's another good one although not sure if anyone has made them work with a 1.25" rotor although i know there was talk of the 13.4" corvette rotor, which is 1.25" thick being nearly identical offset wise to the cobra, so one would just need to re-drill for the ford 5-lug and increase the center hub diameter as the vet uses a slightly smaller one
I tried to look into 2-peice rotors, but that idea got poop-canned when it was discovereed that the ATS caliper would contact the center hat on some of the 2-peice setups. My idea was Baer center hats with Corvette 1.25" rings.

I did look at the idea of a '11+ GT non-brembo rotor which is slightly thicker than the standard cobra 13" rotor. I think it was 1.2" thick. It requires a 3mm spacer behind the rotor to mount.

If you really want a big massive heavy rotor for a big car, you can use the XTS Brembo with 2014+ GT500 14" rotors.

XTS w/GT500 14" rotor vs standard cobra 13" rotor
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

It mounts up similar to the ATS brembo setup. It's a BIG heavy brake setup. That was as far as I ever went with it. I'm not sure it would be safe on a light car such as a foxbody with no ABS and limited tire width up front, it would be overkill. Not to mention you'd probably have issues with brake bias as you'd need the 42mm taurus calipers out back and a larger diameter rotor than the 11.65" cobra rotor to really get bias in the proper range. If you had a heavy SN95 like a 03/04 cobra with a healthy amount of HP and bigger tires up front, it might be a viable option.

I'm still running my standard Cobra setup with Baer/C6 front calipers.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts