Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I going through the tune-up process and needed wires, I plan to purchase some long tube within the next couple of weeks so I wanted to go ahead and get the right boots (straight/90). I wanted to know also if the boots would depend on the type of long tube used. I've been trying to find some used (headers), but if I buy new I might just go with a set from MAC or spring the extra for the Hookers. Thanks for any light shed.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have BBK LTs and use the FMS 9mm wires. They dont even come close to touching the headers. I think the FMS are greater than 90* at the plug.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to clarify, your boots are advertised 90*, straight or something in between?

·
Registered
753 Posts
They are 90* on the cap but at the plugs they are between 90* and straight. I see your from B-Green. I run there a few times a year.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So when your purchased the wires did you have to ask for an angled boot or did they just come that way? I just want to know what to ask for when I buy.

My car actually came out of Louisville. Beech Bend has Test and Tune on Tuesday and Saturday nights. This last Tuesday was my first trip to the strip (ever), well driving that is. I was pretty happy with the times (3-14.44, 14.59, 14.66), seeing that I haven't touch the car (110k) except for the gears. That's the reason for this post, I wanted to tune it up and bump the timing to see if I could get the car into the 13's with a bone stock motor. I've got heads, intake, cam, TB, MAF, injectors all waiting to be installed. I just wanted to establish a good baseline before making changes. E-mail if you come to town and want someone to hook-up with. This past Tuesday there were less than 30 cars total there, so you could have made as many passes as you wanted. Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I just called Summit and ordered them, nothing special.

I work third shift and have to go in early on tuesday, so I cant do that.

I head down on saturdays with a group of friends and run. Last year I got a 13.2 with 2.0 60' times. The car has seen several changes over the winter (LT's being one). I hope for much better times this year. I have a dyno appointment Monday then it will be time for the track. I'll drop you a line if we come down. I know i'll be there Friday the 16th for the Buick Nationals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts