Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats a good aluminum radiator to buy, currently I have a autozone three core and its not doing a complete job of cooling. Ebay has a few on there but most are two row, would they be good enough to cool this thing on down? Thanks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
rotax said:
I like my Griffin 31*19 with mkVIII fan combo.

Same but with ramchargers dual fan setup, honestly in the 80 degree heat around my area, without my a/c condensor blocking the radiator, the car runs really cold, and I have only had to flip on the fans once or twice, the rest of the time the radiator cools it down plenty nice, if and when it does get warm, as soon as im moving the needles drops very fast.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
DsuperA said:
Whats a good aluminum radiator to buy, currently I have a autozone three core and its not doing a complete job of cooling. Ebay has a few on there but most are two row, would they be good enough to cool this thing on down? Thanks.
Keep in mind that 2 row aluminum radiators use 1" core tubes whereas most copper/brass rads have 1/2" core tubes so the surface area is greater compared to a 3 core coppr/brass. Combine that with the heat exchange efficiency of aluminum which is much better than copper/brass and you have a much more efficient radiator..... 2 rows is plenty. I run a Northern Race Pro 31x19 Universal that I picked up from a vendor on Ebay for $169 (same rad as Summit sells under their name) Fully welded tanks and a billet filler neck. Combined with a Ramcharger dual fan setup....zero cooling issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts