Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a few out there but which ones do you like? No, I do not want to paint my existing ones because I dont want it to peel or chip.

Thanks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Picture quality isnt the greatest, but here is a pic of the BBK valve Covers.

They were the regular finish, when purchased, then sent off to be polished.

****WARNING****
They are a bitch and a half to install. We ended up lowering the entire K-Member to get the drivers side on.

·
Registered
494 Posts
TATRO HI-PERFORMANCE said:

****WARNING****
They are a bitch and a half to install. We ended up lowering the entire K-Member to get the drivers side on.

All you have to do to for the drivers side change is remove the fuel rail and injectors. You can then roll the cover up and out that way.

Marc:cool:

·
Registered
516 Posts

****WARNING****

I though BBK made a driver side and passenger side oil cap valve cover, If that is true why didn't you get the driver side oil cap since you have the Bullitt intake?

·
Registered
461 Posts
I've got a 96gt and I would like to swap to a passenger side oil fill.
mine is directly under the strut tower brace and I have to use a gooseneck funnel to get oil in.

What year covers will fit my non PI heads and move the oil fill to the opposite side?

·
Registered
119 Posts
MLN385 said:
All you have to do to for the drivers side change is remove the fuel rail and injectors. You can then roll the cover up and out that way.

I guess you have these valve covers?

We unplugged all fuel injectors/coil packs, removed the fuel rails. it was easy toremove the factory valve covers. They slid right out. But the aftermarket covers are quite a bit larger than factory.
We couldnt get them to fit back on that way.

I though BBK made a driver side and passenger side oil cap valve cover, If that is true why didn't you get the driver side oil cap since you have the Bullitt intake?
When purchased, these were the only set left at BBK. Every thing else was on backorder for 30-60 days. Didnt want to wait.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I guess you have these valve covers?

We unplugged all fuel injectors/coil packs, removed the fuel rails. it was easy toremove the factory valve covers. They slid right out. But the aftermarket covers are quite a bit larger than factory.
We couldnt get them to fit back on that way.

When purchased, these were the only set left at BBK. Every thing else was on backorder for 30-60 days. Didnt want to wait.
No I have the teem breed ones and have had them off three times! The bbk's and teem breed's are similar in size.

I never said they would be easy just it can be done in that method , it does take some fenangaling.Not to mention talking dirty to it!:D That actually seemed to work the best.:lol:

·
Registered
668 Posts
LS1s LikeMyTailights said:
The BBKs look nice but I have nothing that is BBK on my car. I wonder if they make some plain ones without that big a$$ logo on it.
No they don't. Only the Team Breed ones can be customized to however you want....and they're basically the same price.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Yes, I was a customer of Team Breed and was extremely impressed by their quality and customer service - so much so that I became a distributor for them.

·
Registered
722 Posts
The stock plastic ones. There lightweight, don't absorb as much heat as steel and they don't cost any extra. My favorite aspect.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Sure, if painting plastic covers is an acceptable appearance for your motor it definitely is a cost effective change.

Everyone builds their car to a level that suits their own tastes.

·
Registered
167 Posts
snkypete said:
Yes, I was a customer of Team Breed and was extremely impressed by their quality and customer service - so much so that I became a distributor for them.
I was just wondering if you have the covers with the revised baffle design? What was changed?

Have you had any problems with yours, at all? I'm guessing not, as you now sell them :)

I'll be pulling the motor in the next month or so, so i figured i might as well get the valve covers now, when it isn't such a hassle to install them :)

·
Registered
668 Posts
I have the new baffles sitting in a box. Us Northerners don't really drive our cars much in the winter :) However they have been tested on a car making 17psi and produced no more blow by than the original covers, after most of the runs it was less actually.

Since then I don't know of one issue with a revised set of covers. The baffling system was redesigned completely. The old baffle needs to be removed and the new one welded to the covers. All new shipments have the baffles already installed.

I had a small issue with oil, not as bad as some people - others reported no issues at all with similar setups - it was weird. But what I liked the most is that Ron immediately stopped production, came up with a fix, and offered the fix for FREE to all customers. And if they don't have access to a welder he would do the install of the update for free as well....now THAT is service and standing behind your product....most other companies would have said tough @$% and moved on.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts