Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Steeda timing adjuster. Where should I set the timing to get the best gains. I've heard that just going up until you get pinging isn't always the best idea. Where do you guys have your GT's set at?? Has anbody tested it on a dyno??

·
Registered
906 Posts
Everyone will tell you on a 96-98 Gt that 14-16 is the best.

12 was the obvious answer for me. I literally could tell the difference when running at 14 and 16, 12 was just so much stronger down low in the RPM's.

·
Registered
474 Posts
13 Worked best for me.

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
i got mine at 14.. but haven't tinkered with it much yet.. i'm gonna go up and down from there and see which pulls harder

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am at 17 running Sunoco 94...I had her bumped to 19 with no detonation, but I felt no difference so I brought her back down to 17

·
Registered
460 Posts

16 there was detination with sonoco 94

Havent had a chance to mess with it after the headswap I wanted to try to bump it a little to see what happened.

·
Registered
645 Posts
98Roush said:
Everyone will tell you on a 96-98 Gt that 14-16 is the best.

12 was the obvious answer for me. I literally could tell the difference when running at 14 and 16, 12 was just so much stronger down low in the RPM's.

So what are all these "goodies" you're talking about in your sig...and did you have the timing set at 12 both before and after the S/C'er?.....mine goes in next thursday!!!!...so excited...I got all my gauges from summit with the clock pod to mount them!!!...can't wait

·
Registered
113 Posts
I used to be a firm beleiver that SHOW didnt make GO, but now that I have the 01 I love the show AND go:joy:

:barf:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts