Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mounting location has always been an issue w/ MSD boxes. I think I remember Jimmy V telling me that the Boost-A-Spark could be mounted under the hood w/ no problems. Where are most of you using the Boost-A-Spark mounting yours. Remember, my car is my only means of getting around (daily driven). Thanks for any input!!!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Brad,
Randy installed a BAS on my previous blown '98 and he put it on the passenger side strut tower, facing the fire wall. It was nearly out of sight and it was near the location where it splices in to the coil wires. Mine worked great and I never used the DIS4.

Todd

·
Registered
26 Posts
I moved my battery to the trunk and mounted the BAS where the battery was. If you aren't moving the battery, maybe there is room on the shock tower somewhere.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Mine's been under hood for 5+ years. No issues even with the heat of Houston and Vortech combined!

Rob
96 SHM Vobra

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Does the Kenne Bell Boost A Spark boost the spark all the time, or are you guys running it on a boost sensitive switch like the Boost A Pump? I know you don't have to run the BAP on a switch, you can just run it on all the time. Is the BAS like that?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Mine came with a hobbs switch , but I didn't install. I keep it @ about 75% all the time per the recommendation of UPR

Rob

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll wait for the final tuning session w/ spark issues solved and the proper pulley and post the graph. BUT, w/ 9psi (should be 12psi) it made 433rwhp at 5800 before blowing out the spark. SO.....add 3 more psi and let it rev on up to 7000rmps! Should be a decent #!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts