Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Taylor aluminum box relocator. Where do I hook up the ground? I have fox body hatch. Pics would be great too.

·
Registered
381 Posts
There are several holes in the trunk/hatch area which are plugged with grommets. The two that I used are one on each side of the car, just behind the spare tire hole (by each shock tower). I ran the ground through the hole on the pass. side (the holes lead through the frame, then to the underneath of car) and brought the cable back to the rear and bolted it to the original mounting spot for the kicker shock on the frame.

The positive cable i ran to the other hole on drivers side, then routed the cable through the frame to just inline with the back of the door, continued to run the cable to the front and followed the brake lines to behind the master cylinder, then to the solenoid.

I used wire looms around any points that may rub. Came out very nice, but I dont have a kill switch yet. Lee

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I prefer grounding it inside.
I usually bolt it to the nearest rear seatbelt bolt
Just sand a little to have a better contact.

·
Registered
743 Posts
do a search, type in "battery relocation", there are lots of pics and diagrams about this. I actually have an active thread on the subject that will help you out as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts