Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot seem to find one. I need one for a 97 GT non-pi.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

·
Registered
114 Posts
FordPerformanceParts.com

·
Registered
509 Posts
I see them go for reasonable prices on Ebay.

·
Registered
137 Posts
you might want to consider a second option

I know that this option is more expensive but here me out. I have a allen engine design supercharger system on my 96 bird. I have tweaked it a bit over a stock kit. The standard kit comes from HTTP://WWW.allenengine.com with a fmu. I upgraded mine to run with out a fmu and a custom tune by sct = jerry tune. I have mine on a pi engine but I had to have the runners modifyed to work with the pi heads since my kit was originaly a non pi kit. My car has headers and dual 2 1/2 inch exhaust and is running 8 psi I made 328 rwhp and 365 rwtq through a automatic with independent suspension. If you got the 6 psi kit and upgraed to an 90 mm lightning maf which you can get from dan newman a joe cooper ford in midwest city ok for 99.99 with out a coure charge and a lightning act sensor above runner #2 and 30#hr injectors you could make 270 at ther rear wheels with 340 ftlb of torque. pm or email me if you would like to have more information about my setup [email protected]

·
Registered
227 Posts
Re: you might want to consider a second option

blown96bird said:
If you got the 6 psi kit and upgraed to an 90 mm lightning maf which you can get from dan newman a joe cooper ford in midwest city ok for 99.99 with out a coure charge and a lightning act sensor above runner #2 and 30#hr injectors you could make 270 at ther rear wheels with 340 ftlb of torque.
Umm. DanU's Bird made 295 SAE with the SVO blower @ 6PSI and untouched PI heads swapped on. That would easily be over 300 with a manual trans and a whole lot less $ than an AED blower.

·
Registered
137 Posts
to each his own If we all like every thing the same the world would be a very boring place.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Re: you might want to consider a second option

At that price level I'd go for the Kenne Bell Kit. I'd be surprised if the non-PI 9psi Kenne Bell kit didn't make 310-320rwhp even with the restrictive heads.

blown96bird said:
I know that this option is more expensive but here me out. I have a allen engine design supercharger system on my 96 bird. I have tweaked it a bit over a stock kit. The standard kit comes from HTTP://WWW.allenengine.com with a fmu. I upgraded mine to run with out a fmu and a custom tune by sct = jerry tune. I have mine on a pi engine but I had to have the runners modifyed to work with the pi heads since my kit was originaly a non pi kit. My car has headers and dual 2 1/2 inch exhaust and is running 8 psi I made 328 rwhp and 365 rwtq through a automatic with independent suspension. If you got the 6 psi kit and upgraed to an 90 mm lightning maf which you can get from dan newman a joe cooper ford in midwest city ok for 99.99 with out a coure charge and a lightning act sensor above runner #2 and 30#hr injectors you could make 270 at ther rear wheels with 340 ftlb of torque. pm or email me if you would like to have more information about my setup [email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts