Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
passenger side of the engine compartment, behind the strut tower. little black cover on it that should say EEC TEST PORT. it's pretty close to the firewall, by the dryer bottle. you can't miss it.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Mine is attached to the rear of the passenger side strut housing in the engine bay. There's a little plastic black box like was mentioned. You need to pry the cover off of it to expose the test port terminals.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You're supposed to pull the plugs down out of the cover. The cover is attached to the shock tower. I found it easier to pull the cover loose from its mounting stud giving me better access to the plugs. My 94 GT has two plugs that get connected to the code reader.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Whenever I use my scanner I just plug it into the port beside the console inside the car:confused: Look by your right knee while you're sitting in the driver seat. It is right behind the vertical part of the console.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Ltjstang said:
Whenever I use my scanner I just plug it into the port beside the console inside the car:confused: Look by your right knee while you're sitting in the driver seat. It is right behind the vertical part of the console.
Nope, that's the OBDII port. To my knowledge, 94/95 GTs have only OBDI, even though there is an OBDII port. Even though there's voltage, it won't give any codes (unless it's a 6cyl). The port is in the psgr side engine compartment, like the others said.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Cara said:
Nope, that's the OBDII port. To my knowledge, 94/95 GTs have only OBDI, even though there is an OBDII port. Even though there's voltage, it won't give any codes (unless it's a 6cyl). The port is in the psgr side engine compartment, like the others said.
Hmmm. I have actually only used it on my girlfriends 98 gt. So now I won't get mad at it when I plug it under the dash and it doesn't work:eek:

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Ltjstang said:
Hmmm. I have actually only used it on my girlfriends 98 gt. So now I won't get mad at it when I plug it under the dash and it doesn't work:eek:
Yep, you're right, it works on 96+ GT's. They are all OBDII (mounted by the console). It's only 95 and earlier GT's that are OBDI, under the hood.

I actually tried to plug in an OBDII reader to my car and got frustrated when it didn't work. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts