Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i'm looking to buy a new engine for my 88 gt.what i want to now is a good place to to get a 302 0r 306 long block from.also can you tell what some of the hp rating of these company long block are and how much i'm going to spend.i'm looking for a engine with a good set of heads on it.that will make around 350hp.i will get the bolt on parts that are need to make this much hp.thanks for any help:D

·
Registered
231 Posts
I called Central Coast Mustangs earlier and they quoted me 3,524 for a 302 long block with TFS TW heads, edelbrock knockoff intake, etc... to my door. 400+hp(350-365 to the wheels)

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I'd recommend D&D Motorsports, Coast High Performance, or Alternative Automotive. I've always liked DSS stuff but my friend w/ a DSS engine in his GT and it took them forever, they also called while the engine was being shipped and said the oil pan might be backwards :(

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ttt

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have delt with local machinists and also DSS... If you have a machinist you can trust you cant go wrong, but if not then I would say DSS or another good builder (CHP, Keith Craft, etc) is a great choice. DSS has been and still is very helpful with anything I need and are very willing to give advice, but they are the only large scale builders I have dealt with. Good Luck to ya.

Adam

·
Registered
818 Posts
i'm buying one from dss this week as a matter of fact. A 331 stroker
Shane

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts