Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
it's on the driver sd of the tranny....1 bolt to remove and the gear is held in by a small clip....it's been a while since i've done mine so i can't remember exactly, just look for something being held in by one bolt on the driver sd.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, right after I posted I found it. New speedo gear works like a charm...! It's nice to know how fast I'm going again...!

·
Registered
67 Posts
wait, i thought that to change the speedo you needed a speedcal. I was wondering because i have a 97 and was planning on getting gears, would i be able to use a speedo gear or do i need a speed cal?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
For 96-98 cars you have the option of a driven gear as well as an electronic compensator. Depending on how steep your gears (4.10's or higher) and what kind of error in the speedo/odo (1%, 5%, 10%, etc...) and cost (gear is $15, SpeedCal is $90-$100, Abbott is about the same) determine your course of action. Electronic compensators like the SpeedCal will get you within 1/2% or better. A driven gear can get you pretty close in too depending on the ring/pinion choice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts