Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would check into flight's, coming from Oklahoma.

Bryan 97 Cobra

·
Registered
233 Posts
there are 3 airports within the Washington area, you have BWI, Baltimore, you have IAD, Dulles airport, and DCA, Regain international.

·
Registered
523 Posts
if i were you id fly into BWI, if you fly into either of the other 2 mentioned you will get to expirience DC traffic..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
523 Posts
95five-oh-GT said:
and there is nothing like DC traffic. was just ginving the info about the airports though.
its cool, i didnt mean that to seem negative towards your post, just givin a lil additional suggestions. i think either of the DC airports would be closer, the drive would really suck though. the mixing bowl would be a good way to get the blood pumpin for the shootout though!:lol:

·
Registered
233 Posts
whoosh said:

its cool, i didnt mean that to seem negative towards your post, just givin a lil additional suggestions. i think either of the DC airports would be closer, the drive would really suck though. the mixing bowl would be a good way to get the blood pumpin for the shootout though!:lol:

yeah nothin like a little road rage to take out on the track.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
523 Posts
RdRunnr said:
Guys,

Philly is without a doubt the easiest airport to get in and out of in the area. The code is PHL.
yeah its also quit a drive from there to southern MD!

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
whoosh said:

yeah its also quit a drive from there to southern MD!
Philly International IS probably closer to Rising Sun then BWI. Probably not by much, but I would venture to say 10-15 minutes closer.

Rising Sun by no means is considered Southern MD. It is maybe 15 minutes south of the Delaware border. I used to travel that area extensively for business.

Flights into BWI are probably cheaper though. Generally they have some pretty good deals going on, plus it is a nice little airport.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Im about ten minutes from the track. Philly would be your best bet. Its probably about 15 minutes closer, and much easier to get out of.

·
Registered
523 Posts
RedGTvert said:

Philly International IS probably closer to Rising Sun then BWI. Probably not by much, but I would venture to say 10-15 minutes closer.

Rising Sun by no means is considered Southern MD. It is maybe 15 minutes south of the Delaware border. I used to travel that area extensively for business.

Flights into BWI are probably cheaper though. Generally they have some pretty good deals going on, plus it is a nice little airport.

yes, yet again i must confess to being retarded....:rolleyes: i was thinkin rising sun was near La Plata....

·
Registered
523 Posts
BWI is a nice airport too, big enough to get where you need to go (or in most of your cases get here from where you are) but small enough that its not unbelievably crowded and a PITA to get around. (not that i have a biased opinion or anything)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
whoosh said:
BWI is a nice airport too, big enough to get where you need to go (or in most of your cases get here from where you are) but small enough that its not unbelievably crowded and a PITA to get around. (not that i have a biased opinion or anything)
Anyone that flies into Baltimore on Friday will have to drive through Friday rush hour traffic on I-95 in Baltimore....good luck! Not to mention BWI is further from Cecil then Philly is. Anyone flying into Philly will start closer and should not hit any traffic as the airport is actually south of the main city of Philadelphia.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
rdrunner is correct if you fly in no matter what time of day you should go to philly imo. Should take you a total of about an hour to get from philly airport to cecil

1 - 16 of 16 Posts