Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every 2-3 days I have to refill.
I cant tell where it is leaking. I can park it on concrete and nothing will show up. Not even a drip. Yet I still lose it.
Ive also checked the oil, no water there either.
Anybody have any tips or know how to find a coolant leak?

·
Registered
557 Posts
If you get one of those stethascopes for cars you can run it along the heads and listen for air. You may even look for oil or a wet spot on the engine. If you get a telescoping light and mirror you can look on the "inside" of the engine under the intake in the canal.

Also make sure your fill cap on the overflow reservoir is on tightly as well as the fill plug on the water tube.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PowerCobra98 said:
If you get one of those stethascopes for cars you can run it along the heads and listen for air. You may even look for oil or a wet spot on the engine. If you get a telescoping light and mirror you can look on the "inside" of the engine under the intake in the canal.

Also make sure your fill cap on the overflow reservoir is on tightly as well as the fill plug on the water tube.
I do have an oil leak, but I have had that for several months (infact almost a year) before my losing of coolant.

·
Registered
557 Posts
On our motors, yes.

No need to do it though unless you know proof positive that you have a blown head gasket. Exhaust all other possibilities before you look there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts