Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
forgot to label where it went when I swapped engines, now I've got a pipe coming out the back bottom of my upper Edelbrock intake and I can't figure out what goes where

thanks

Jim

·
Registered
753 Posts
It goes to a big brass looking fitting on the drivers side of my TFS intake. The fitting actually accepts a hose to each side. The PCV goes to one side and the other goes to another fitting on the upper intake.

·
Registered
911 Posts
my cobra upper has 3 attachment pipes in back. one attaches a vacuum line to the vacuum tree, one that attaches the vacuum line to the fuel regualtor & the one for the pcv line. the pcv line has a bend(elbow shape) while the others are just straight. on mine the lower/middle pipe is for the FPR & the right/drivers side pipe goes to the vacuum tree & as i said before the elbow pipe(left/passengerside) is the PCV.
hope this helps!

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
WHAT?????

mygt8a4re said:
my cobra upper has 3 attachment pipes in back. one attaches a vacuum line to the vacuum tree, one that attaches the vacuum line to the fuel regualtor & the one for the pcv line. the pcv line has a bend(elbow shape) while the others are just straight. on mine the lower/middle pipe is for the FPR & the right/drivers side pipe goes to the vacuum tree & as i said before the elbow pipe(left/passengerside) is the PCV.
hope this helps!
Help me out here because I am fightting with this. I have the cobra intake. It has three different vacumn ports.
1. on the drivers side, above the valve cover, in the rear corner of the intake. It is an 90* elbow shaped one.
2. Underneath the upper intake (straight tube)
3. has a bend upward with two small ports.

Someone gave me a pic. showing that the port in my (no. 3) goes to the vacumn tee and the two small ones go to the fuel press. reg. and the EGR line
no. 2 tees into no. 1 and goes to the pcv.
Is this true. Does anyone have a pic from ford that shows which ports go where?

·
Registered
911 Posts
hey man, if you really want me to help, give me a call on cell ph. & ill talk ya through the lines one by one. i can pop my hood & talk ya through it. email me here a.s.a.p. my e-mail

·
Registered
911 Posts
either way, e-mail me & we'll converse through e-mail. ill look at my lines & we'll individualize them one by one.
later.......

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
Or i can just do this...and everybody is happy

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
911 Posts
ok, now you have me thinking my hoses are wrong! my cobra has the hole plugged where you have "fitting included with kit". that hose on mine(has no "t") and goes straight to the vacuum tree on the firewall. then the hardline that has the 90* elbow & the (2) small lines is oriented different on mine. just turned so the 90* elbow points towards the passenger side & the hose coming off this elbow connects to my PCV valve. the (2) smaller lines are the same as you have pic'd...........is my crap all screwed up or does the orientation not make a difference? is that line that runs to the back of the intake(fitting included in kit) necessary or is it safe to plug that hole? aslo is it necessary to have this line i just mentioned go to the PCV valve? and the other(90* elbow) go to the vacuum tree? basically, does the set up HAVE to look like that or can the (2) bigger hose/lines be interchanged as i described in my set up?
please help me out, hehe...and i was trying to help!!:eek:

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Question??

Does the PCV hose have to be branched off that "T" on the side of the intake and back to the bottom, or can you run the hose to just one port??

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in the process of installing a cobra intake...that picture helped out a lot but I have a question as to what goes where it says "egr system" in that pic? Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts