Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have a mass air set-up, with a Novi 2000. I have the mass air and air filter is in the fenderwell (like the Anderson powerpipe). I just however got a DFI setup, so I will be eliminating the mass air meter. Should I still keep the air filter in the fenderwell...will there be a benefit to that? Or can I put it back into the engine compartment?
What do the other DFI guys do?

·
Registered
231 Posts
FILTER

Some just leave the blower inlet open but you have headder heat and if you get any trash in the blower it may be expensive

·
Registered
15 Posts
The filter is mounted in the fenderwall because ford designed it to be a kind of ram air, a sad exuse for one realy.... but the air is directed up the side and through the air silencer (if not removed yet) into the filter and through the induction tube into the intake. some people go with the open air design with the filter exposed over the headers, but i would think the heat from the headers would kinda kill the whole "cold-air" induction thing. i couldn't tell you what to do because i don't have the DFI setup, but i'd say keep it in the fenderwall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts