Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back last year all my runs would trap at like 101+, even when I had really good runs(13.6ish)or ****ty runs, but this year I can run the same ET but my mph is no higher than 98 but as low as 96, The only thing I have changed is the X-pipe from a bassani to a magnaflow, both catted, I also had my car dynoed last year and this year, it was 242.2 and 240.8 respectively. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
LByellowStang said:
Where did my MPH go? Any ideas?
Yeah.... attribute that to your drag radials. On my 4 passes on DR's, I haven't trapped any better than 99.98 MPH. There was a good head and side wind, and possibly some tuning issues, but still. When I ran you up at IRP I trapped 102.37 MPH at best, and that was before gears and some other mods, like my MAF, and PowerPipe, and I'm not sure what else. I'm pretty sure added traction was the player for the lower MPH for the both of us. But the added traction still doesn't explain my car only running 13.6 at best so far. :mad: I guess I'll just wait and see. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was out there at IRP tonight as well, not running but watching and I noticed a 01 Stang out there. I thought John Force was out there tonight driving a yellow Stang!!!!! :eek: :D

Anyway, I would either contribute it to either hooking harder or the nice little headwind that was blowing almost dead out of the north right in to your face. Otherwise I didn't think your runs looked that bad. BTW the car sounds good and if you wonder who I am and how I know what you were running I was on top of the tower all night.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would blame it on the drag radials but my 60's are still like 2.1 ish same as I did with street tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts