Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
That is the filter housing from March, part of the "Ram Air" setup.
Summit Racing will be your best bet for a new one.
You will need the correct K&N for it as well, if you want a good seal.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gotcha, Anyone know of something similar for the Fox that just kind of keeps the hot air away from the under hood K&N?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car already has the fairly long K&N under hood filter. Not wanting to go crazy replacing it. Just seeing if there were any good options out there for somewhat cutting it off from stuff slinging off the motor or just hot air in general under the hood. Thought that air box would be cool if it was just a slip over type deal. And I am not a huge fan of the cold air intakes that put the filter into the fender well where you cant see it or get to it easily. And I have had one of those fall off before. lol.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I know you're going to hate the response, but the stock airbox is where its at man. I've used those bs cold air intakes and they're just good for looks. Do you want the engine bay to look nice, or do you want to gap some fool, pop your hood and bust out with that stock airbox? Stock airbox, K&N drop-in panel filter, 76mm MAF, C&L Inlet tube, best inlet tract I've had experience with on an under 300hp engine.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Not the caster/camber plates but that piece on the side of it? It's the Steeda brace, Texas Track Works just did my alignment as well great guys down there.
If you are looking at the front of the passenger strut tower, that is the fuse block I used when I did the 3G conversion.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
You can buy just the airbox directly from March, as they still sell all of the parts for their "Ram Air" kit. You can also source the March airbox on eBay from time to time.
Here's a thread about using the March airbox, which may have info you find helpful: March CAI Airbox

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
That is too bad.
I looked through my logbook and found the Tiny Avenger (TA) intake tube was installed in 1999. TA was big in the 2.3 turbo/SVO arena. A Google search shows a group of Factory Five guys putting a group buy on the TA intake tubes together in 2003. TA was having problems finding a good chrome plating firm by then and were offering the intake tubes in black and "chrome-like" Jet Hot/powdercoat. I don't know what year TA folded, but his product line was absorbed by Forced4 Motorsports. Forced4 Motorsports is now closed too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts