Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a new intake and want to know if I will be able to take the old screen off the old intake without damaging it or will I be better just to buy a new one? - And where can I buy a new one?

I already have a new PCV valve.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Be it right or wrong I just took out the old screen and sprayed it with carb cleaner and blew it out real good. Then just dropped it back in and put in a new PVC valve.

Bill

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what I need to know - It is not like it can't be cleaned to perform like new, I just didn't know if it could be popped out without damaging it. Do you pop it out from the underside of the intake??? or from the top?

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I pulled it out with a pair of needle nose pliers before changing my PVC, be careful though not to damage the screen too much. It should come out pretty easy but if not then I would price out a new one before trying to muscle it out in case it get's ruined. It might only be a dealer item also so you might want to check ford first.

Bill

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will check the dealership, they should not be too much there. Thanks!

·
Registered
9,065 Posts
It's not a dealer only item. I got myself a new one at a local mom&pop type store that sold motorcraft parts. Got a new PCV, screen and grommet for my Cobra Intake

·
Registered
911 Posts
if you replace the screen you should get a new rubber grommet/seal that holds the screen filter in. it get old & worn as well. the screen filter peice is $7.31 & the grommet is $3.82 from my local for d dealer. cant hurt to have new parts. ive cleaned mine before but if the screen element shows any signs of wear you should replace it........the part #'s are:
screen: E6ZZ-6A631-B
grommet: F7CZ-6A892-AA

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mustang5L5 said:
It's not a dealer only item. I got myself a new one at a local mom&pop type store that sold motorcraft parts. Got a new PCV, screen and grommet for my Cobra Intake
That is exactly why I need a new one - I just got the cobra intake in the mail yesterday!!

Mygt - thanks for those part numbers - that is exactly what I needed!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts