Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DiscBrakesRUs seams to be a little pricey on their calipers: $375

I've found the stock setup on Stangnet for $389. That includes New Ford: Calipers/Rotors/Pads/Lines. This seems to be the best deal I can find for new stuff.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The stuff at Stangnet and DRU are not real Cobra calipers. They are PBR calipers with COBRA decals on them. PPI has the real Ford stuff for $399. You'll find the Brembo rotors are much better than the Powerslots which do nothing but crack.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have read that Power Slots are Brembo Rotors. Power Slots are just Brembos that have been slotted and cadmium coated for a nicer look.

As for the stuff from stangnet, it claims the parts are all straight from Ford, same a PPI (www.mustangparts.com).

http://www.partshopper.com/catalog/itemdisplay/551.html

Cobra/Bullitt Calipers have always been PBR Calipers with "COBRA" or the Horse painted on them, correct?

Thus far in my travels, Stangnet seems to have the best deal on new genuine Ford Cobra brakes.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The oem Cobra calipers are cast with the Cobra lettering not cheap decals like DRU and Stangnet. The oem Bullitt calipers are powdercoated with the polished horse emblem not a decal. Powerslot rotors are not Brembos. Look at the back sometime: Echo en Mexico. Brembos are made in Italy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts