Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I need a fitting similiar to this for running a hose through my floorboard. I was wondering if anyone has ever seen a fitting like this. Basically, It needs to be a 1/2 " inner diameter at the least, and also threaded so I can secure it.

I have found some similiar items, but don't know how to convert the sizes into actual sizes. For example, how big(in inches) is a #6 line?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I am not sure exactly what you're doing here. Is the the hose going to be running straight through the fitting or will the fitting be barbed to accept the hose? Is this fitting acting as a "grommet" type piece so the hose will not get chewed up?

EDIT: I actually just thought of something that may help.....if plastic is what you are looking for......go to Home Depot or where ever and look at the faucet/sink section. Look for the pieces of threaded plastic used to screw into shower stem valves to accept those chrome trim pieces. Another idea is to get a piece which fills in a hole in a stainless sink where a soap pump or sprayer would be. Its basically a flat piece of chromed plastic that has a threaded side and comes with a nut. You could make a hole in it to fir your needs.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, basically I don't want the hose to get chewed up. I was hoping for anodized, I have found a few similiar things, just curious if there was a common use for something like this.

·
Registered
884 Posts
what you are looking for is called a bulkhead fitting! and yes you can get them for An fittings.
Dash size is equal to 1/16" so you #6 line would 6/16 or 3/8 #8 would be 1/2. hope this helps! Check with a speed shop on industral supply shop that sell to the manufacturing insdursty or a fastner supply!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts