·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Knechts Autoparts stock it, but that is oregon only.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well damn, that isn't much help. Sears carries Castrol stuff, may have to give them a call.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Actually, the "Heavy Duty Brake Fluid" sold by Ford is one of the best conventional brake fluids available. It has the highest dry boiling point of any commerically available brake fluid.

·
Registered
430 Posts
LMA should be easily obtainable via the net. Other than that, you would need a 'real' race shop... one that specializes in open-track type cars... to find it instock.

Check on-line (do a search)... you should be able to find it easily.

John.

PS- I OT my car and only use Ford Heavy Duty. The stuff is really good... and relatively cheap! You can also use Performance Friction Z fluid (if you can find it). Wet BP is a little lower than the Ford HD... but if you keep up with fluid changes, then it isn't really an issue.

·
Registered
322 Posts
That fluid is recomended for my 81 Jaguar. I bought a gallon at Acme Auto. If you dont have an Acme maybe you could call a Jaguar service garage.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The reason I was looking for the Castrol over the Ford stuff is that it seems to be better for people that don't change their fluid every year. I have NEVER changed mine, its black as hell, so I guess anything would be better, just wanted to find something that had a good wet boiling point.

I'll check the web.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The stuff Lingenfelter has is SRF, thats like $90/liter!

I found it at the Jag dealer, $10 a qt, which doesn't seem so bad seeming nobody else carries that ****.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I remember reading somewhere about LMA not being compatible with dot 3. I dont remember exactly but I think you have to flush the system with something to remove traces of the dot3. seems like it may be more trouble than its worth to me.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I'm flushing all the old fluid out since its 12 years old anyway, no problem there.:eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts