Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that is what it is called. Its the red stuff they put inside gear boxes and stuff.

I'd like to paint the lifter valley with it. Do you think I can benefit from it?

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
Yes, it used by many. You can find it at any good paint store. If they don't have it, they can get it. Make some calls locally. GE made it when I used it.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
wow... I spent all day looking for some Glyptal... actually the white colored one, for a vaccum furnace we built at work....

But, the red stuff is easy to find.... call local paint stores... or go to www.glyptal.com (GE doesn't make it anymore)... get their phone number, and have them lead you to a local distributer... Its also sold under the name Insulating varnish... Which I used for my lifter valley....

If you can't find it locally, go to www.speedomotive.com (they advertise in MM&FF), and get their number, and call them... they will ship you out a can....

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
eastwood.........

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
sorry to hijack the thread but what exactly would be the benefit of painting the lifter valley...and why use this stuff to do it???

·
Registered
436 Posts
No, it helps with oil drainback. After you get done painting it and the stuff hardens, the surface is slick so the oil just runs right off instead of puddling in the valley. My friend had to use it when he had his TFS valvecovers polished because oil was seeping through the aluminum. A few coats on the bottom solved the problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts