Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok last year i was running a basic bolt on foxbody had wheel hop so i put upper and lower adj control arms and 3 way shocks and 90/10 struts.problem solved no more wheel hop and it would pull front tire a little. over the winter i built a 425hp at the flywheel 302 and went to the track last weekend and i have wheel hop again so i change the rear shocks for 10way stranges today and started at 5-6-7 at 16lbs on nitto drag radials and still hopping at least on the street what gives. i played with tire pressure and the 3 way shock while at the track last weekend and still had hop.

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
Wheel hop is usually from axle wrap. Some bushing or something yields and lets the axle rotate. It unloads, and then the axle moves back, then it bites again, and it repeats.

My car was never fully hop-free under all tires and all conditions until I got rid of all the rubber bushings. I had all solid except the rear end upper ears, and it would occasionally hop. As soon as I changed them to heim joints, never had another issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts