Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what convertor to pick for my 91 LX HELP!!!!

mods:TFS intake, stage 1 cam .499/.510 280/282 duration, BBK equal shorties, O/R h-pipe, mac mufflers, MSD ignition, Perma-cool fan, factory 3.27 gears, 70mm t-body, roller timing.....

What's your pic!?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Precision Industries is the ONLY way to go when it comes to AOD and AODE converters. You get a 2 year warranty and 1 free stall speed adjustment. They are very expensive converters but are well worth it. Around a 2800rpm stall would be good for your combo.

·
Registered
139 Posts
When I called P.I. they wanted $729 for a nonlock 2800 Stallion- but Alternativeauto.com lists them for $650. It may be outdated, but give them a call, maybe you'll save $80.

·
Registered
916 Posts
PI is definitely the best. I think Houston Performance has the best prices around. That is where I got mine, they were very reasonable. Take it easy.

-Billy

·
Registered
139 Posts
Houston Performance just quoted me $619 for a PI Stallion nonlock 2800 stall, plus $18 or so to ship.
They ROCK!

·
Registered
258 Posts
stripey357 said:
Houston Performance just quoted me $619 for a PI Stallion nonlock 2800 stall, plus $18 or so to ship.
They ROCK!
Wow that's a great price! I've never heard a single bad thing about PI converters.

Myself, I have a TCI Street Fighter lockup that stalls at 3000 rpm. I didn't have the budget for a PI, and for the price I am thoroughly impressed with the TCI although it's only been in for a couple weeks now. It REALLY woke the car up :)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Precision Industries is the best, but I have to say, I have a B&M holeshot and haven't had any problems in the three years I've had it. Plus it cost about half the price.

Before you guys tell me the B&M will swell. I have the Holeshot (more expensive one) not the Torx Master ($200 one).

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have an ATI 2800 and I really like it, still have lockup and has been good for a couple years. I don't know what they go for anymore though...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts