Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, my car has been acting up a LOT lately.

A little background, all the mods are as listed in the sig, motor has a little over 100,000 miles on it. It blows a very large cloud of blue smoke at start up, which makes me think the valve seals are gone. I've also been told it smokes at WOT, but noone can pinpoint exactly what color smoke it is.

At the track a couple weekends ago, the car trapped 4 mph slow and half a second slower than previous times. Some of this can be attributed to the heat, but 4 mph?

The car also has began to die repeatedly at stoplights, even with the A/C off! When you slow down the oil pressure drops to about 1/8 of the way up, and the car will surge really bad until it finally dies, it will however level out eventually if you pump the brakes enough. What makes this more complicated is that it doesn't do this at EVERY light.

Another problem is the car used to gain oil pressure as you went up in the RPM's, now, the oil pressure goes down as it revs, and will only go up again if you let off of the gas.

Does anyone have any idea whats wrong with my car? Thanks!

Arron

·
Registered
31 Posts
Scan for codes.

With all the symptoms you listed it seems that you may very well have something wrong internally. I'd get it checked out immediately and I definently wouldn't be driving it if it was smoking.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply! car is going into the shop tomorrow or tuesday. any other ideas?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TTT, no codes when they were checked. Still has pretty much the same symptoms, but it doesn't die light to light anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts