Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am rerouting the wires in my engine compartment throught the fenders. The only wire not long enough is one that goes to the brake booster. It plugs in just below the plastic reserve on the top. What is that wire for? Im thinking I can just splice it to make it longer. Any other ideas.

·
Registered
179 Posts
not sure, but could it be for a low brake fluid sensor or maybe low pressure?

Does not sound like you cant just splice in a longer piece, it should be fine.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone else? I was thinking it may be a fluid level sensor myself. If that is the case I wont worry about trying to hook it back up.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
If it is the plug that goes into the bottom of the master cylinder reservoir, that is the low fluid sensor. this is from Matt90gt's webpage, MC upgrade section -http://svo73mm.cjb.net/

Low fluid sensor notes: The stock '87-93 master cylinder has a plastic reservoir with a low fluid indicator. The '93 Cobra and the '94-98 units all have this, but the SVO unit does not have this feature. You will lose the low fluid sensor if you use the SVO unit. This will not cause the dash light to stay on, just permanently off. For the E-Brake light on the dash to come on with the E-Brake, you need to make a jumper in the connection you just removed. Connect pins 2-3 (the 2 purple wires, not the black ground). Be sure to label the connection to know what it is for in the future. For the '93 Cobra and '94-98 units, it is a direct plug in.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts