Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I started getting parts for my 94 cobra project. I went ahead and bought a OEM balancer from FRPP for like $60. My car only has 2100 miles on it but I thought the rubber in the balancer is 10 years old so I would get a new one. Now I see a lot of posts of guys losing their oem balancers or the ring spinning. Is this from age or is it just not a good piece. I am doing a H/C/I combo with a small blower. Do I need something better than OEM for a balancer or is my new one O.K. I see the word Powerbond used a lot on here, so I got on their website and they show a street version for up to 6500, then a street/race version for up to 7500 and then a race version that comes with a steel center section rather than cast iron. Is steel better with the blower belt pulling up on it so hard? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I put a Ford piece, from the dealer, about 3mos. ago and it's bad already. JUNK !!!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I have had 3 OEM pieces on my car and I have found they just suck.....

With a power adder I would never take a chance of running a stock one. Sell it on ebay for whatever you can get for it and buy a Powerbond or Romac. I found my Powerbond for 179+ shipping. ;)

·
Registered
9,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like the stockers are bad news. Thanks guys or I would have never thought anything about it. Is the Powerbond as good as the Romac?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts