Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whats the difference between the 1993 cobra & stock Gt front and rear track??

I'm am trying to figure out the difference between a 1993 cobra and a stock GTs spacing in the rear/front axle. I have heard that because we have 4 wheel disc brakes on our cobras that their is a measurment discrepancy between the two. Normally this would not bother me, but I am looking to upgrade my car from a 4lug to a 5lug with "FRPP M2300K Cobra Brake Kit" and at the same time do either a full Griggs suspension "GR-40 autocross setup" or a Maximum Motorsprt "Road & Track Box setup." I guess my question is this, while ordering these suspension setups is there any part or parts that would have to be special ordered seeing as how the kit are made specificly for regular 93 GT Foxbodies Also I am wondering if I should install the brakes and suspension in a certain order to avoid an issues durring an install. Thank in advance.:joy:

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
The offset would be 0.75" wider on a '93 cobra than on a regular GT. The reason being the rear disks. In order to run disks, the axles needed to be pushed out 0.75" for the bracket to clear the rotor.

To compensate, Ford made the hat on the front rotor 0.75" taller to match the rear offset.

If you install a M2300K brake kit, there is nothing to worry about because your entire braking setup is removed and replaced with this setup.

Just keep in mind your '93 cobra stuff is worth money to sell after you take it all off.

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Yeah you do get more for your money there. The front 13" rotors and calipers are the same as the M2300K actually but just with the Baer name on them. The rear setup is 12" and keeps the stock offset.

It's a more userfriendly alternative to the M2300K kit

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Do you intend on using your car more for street or autocross/open-track? It looks like the Baer kit is better suited for racing-type applications because it says the rear brake calipers accept a wide range of performance pad selection. It also comes with braided hoses. I like being able to get it in 4 lug to keep the stock wheels.

Lou.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts