Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting the performer intake but dont think ill have enough money for a hood should i just wait until i get a new hood and get like a 1" spacer or could i do like a 5/8" ? thanks

edit this is a 91 gt......

·
Registered
376 Posts
i've heard people have problems with a edelbrock intake with a stock hood no spacer, but i can tell you b4 i bought my hood, my typhoon aka edelbrock knock off fit under the stock hood with no problems but with a spacer i don't think it would fit.

unless you have taller valve covers and need the spacer don't worry about it.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bmo37 said:
i've heard people have problems with a edelbrock intake with a stock hood no spacer, but i can tell you b4 i bought my hood, my typhoon aka edelbrock knock off fit under the stock hood with no problems but with a spacer i don't think it would fit.

unless you have taller valve covers and need the spacer don't worry about it.
really? this is not good then = (

·
Registered
791 Posts
my rpm airgap, 1 inch spacer and 3inch high airfilter dont clear the stock hood. Its close tho. I think w/out a spacer and that small intake you should be able to do it just by removing the underside hood support in the middle.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
im running a 1 inch spacer with a performer intake..i guess its fine as long as you dont have a huge ass air cleaner. I have like a 12" cheapie autozone chrome one.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well this is fuel injected if what i think ur tlaking about air cleaner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts