Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its getting time to ship out my motor and wanted to know the best way to ship it. What are my options? How much do you think it will cost? All suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I put mine on a pallet and strapped it down with some rachet straps. I backed my car trailer under the cherry picker and dropped her on there. It cost me 350 from CT to FL. Theres a highly reccomended engine builder in VA BTW.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I have shipped Several Items from TX to PA and from TX to NC, What you need to do is put it on a pallet secure it down. I use a small Pallet and then get metal strapping from Home Depot or Lowes. The shipping company Ive always found to be cheapest and offer the best service is Old Dominion. They can be 1/2 to 1/4 of the cost of other shipping companies. They will pick it up at your home or place of Business and drop ship it anywhere as well. You save serious cash if your able to drop it at their warehouse in your region. You save even more if you drop it at their warehouse and have the reciepiant pick it up at the warehouse.

·
Registered
221 Posts
BlownMystic1 said:
who are you talking about in VA?
He's probably talking about L&M Machine in woodbridge. They're the biggity-bomb.

Larry

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
L&M It was a toss up between them and FOMPK. I went with FOMPK really because I liked Keith. If L&M were local that would of pushed me in that direction.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much experience do they have with the DOHC 4.6? And is there anyone on here that has had their motor done by them? Do they do just machine work, or do they port heads too.

Steve

·
Registered
410 Posts
Loyd @ L&M Automotive Woodbridge, VA 703-491-2500
Did my 01 GT twice. He has done some other guys on the boards.
Experience with SOHC, DOHC, 4.6s, 5.4s, pretty much everything.
No need to go across country. Call him or visit him. All I have to say is he knows these engines and he is a decent guy.
I won't go anywhere else for engine work.

good luck.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anybody have an idea of how much the motor will weigh with heads and the front cover on it? No intake or exhaust. Thanks for the replies.

Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts