Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know if the benfits on a aftemarket pan out weight the cost ?

What is the best pan on the market ?

Thanks Matt

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
most aftermarket pans are baffled so that the oil doesnt slosh around and stays near the pickup...very good way to help eliminate oil starvation which will destroy your bearings..they also usually have a higher capacity which means cooler oil temps and less likelyhood of sucking the pan dry (which probably wont happen unless you have a high volume pump which I would get if youre going to be pulling your oil pan and put an aftermarket on there)...its hard to say which is the best b/c Ive heard bad things and good thing about most of the different aftermarket oil pans out there...go to summit and do a search here on the corral some ones I can think of off the top of my head are canton, milodon and moroso...im going with the milodon 7 qt for my 347 b/c it is reasonably priced and ive heard good things about them...why are you changing your oil pan??? you probably wont see much if any performance gain so unless you have to pull the stock pan for some other reason I wouldnt bother...if you do and youve got the cash to spend then ya go for it...

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am pulling the motor for other reasons. I already have a mpg windage try. Just wanted to know if a pan was worth the cash.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I wouldn't do it unless you plan on carrying your front tires or road racing. They look cool under the car, but you're right, they're pretty expensive.

·
Registered
556 Posts
There purpose is to move the oil away from the crank, so as it rotates it dosent splash in the oil and creates more HP, so they say. If you got the extra $ get it other wise i dont think you will really notice a difference. But they do look nice !

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
yeah if your budget is limited I say just skip the aftermarket pan but if your budget permits I would go for it especially if you plan on putting a high volume oil pump in there...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts