Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's something for everyone! From luxury all-weather floor mats, to Control Arms, to Engine Oil.

3D
- RockAuto.com now carries 3D Floor and Cargo Area Mats! These mats look and feel better than the commercial, rubber mats from other well-known brands.

BSE
- RockAuto now has Blue Streak Electronics Modules, Sensors and Throttle Bodies. Through the end of April get a $10 instant manufacturer rebate on new Throttle Bodies!

Mobil 1
- Get up to $30 back when you purchase Mobil 1 oil.

Suspensia
- RockAuto now carries Suspensia steering and suspension parts. From April 15, through the end of April 2021, Suspensia is offering RockAuto customers an exclusive 10% instant manufacturer rebate on select Control Arms.

WJB
- For the entire month of April 2021, WJB is offering RockAuto customers a 10% off instant manufacturer rebate on their entire line of Wheel Hubs, Bearings, Seals and Water Pumps!

Go to the "Promotions and Rebates" page for more current manufacturer rebates or the RockAuto Newsletter to see what else is new.

Thank You!
RockAuto.com

·
Registered
90 Mustang 5.0 5spd, 400+ HP
195 Posts
I'll bump this. I use Rock Auto parts all the time on my vehicles. They have good (sometimes GREAT) prices, and fast shipping! Thanks Rock Auto, from Just Racing in Az. =)

·
Registered
890 Posts
I'll bump this. I use Rock Auto parts all the time on my vehicles. They have good (sometimes GREAT) prices, and fast shipping! Thanks Rock Auto, from Just Racing in Az. =)
I've never used them. Usually I need the part(s) the same day so I just go to the local parts store.

·
Registered
195 Posts
For example:

I bought an ULTIMA remanufactured OE style 75amp alternator from Oreilly's 2-3 months ago. Part #R111696A, for $110 + $10 core charge. Out the door for $130. Installed it on my Fox correctly with quality connectors and 2 new wire harness plugs. It seemed to work good at first, then at 68 miles since installation, it started putting out 8-9V.

It did this intermittently for the next 120 or so miles and finally stayed at 8-9V after only 200 miles. Took the garbage back and got a full refund.

I could have gotten the same style alternator, made by REMY and brand new from Rock Auto for around $90, including shipping!! Which would have saved $40!

(I actually went with the 3G 130amp alternator from Rock Auto for around $140 including shipping instead. BRAND NEW! This is the better 1994-95 Mustang alternator.)

Like I said, their prices are MUCH BETTER than local auto parts stores. So what if you have to wait 3 days to get your part. Higher quality, better price, it doesn't make sense not to use them.

·
Registered
890 Posts
For example:

I bought an ULTIMA remanufactured OE style 75amp alternator from Oreilly's 2-3 months ago. Part #R111696A, for $110 + $10 core charge. Out the door for $130. Installed it on my Fox correctly with quality connectors and 2 new wire harness plugs. It seemed to work good at first, then at 68 miles since installation, it started putting out 8-9V.

It did this intermittently for the next 120 or so miles and finally stayed at 8-9V after only 200 miles. Took the garbage back and got a full refund.

I could have gotten the same style alternator, made by REMY and brand new from Rock Auto for around $90, including shipping!! Which would have saved $40!

(I actually went with the 3G 130amp alternator from Rock Auto for around $140 including shipping instead. BRAND NEW! This is the better 1994-95 Mustang alternator.)

Like I said, their prices are MUCH BETTER than local auto parts stores. So what if you have to wait 3 days to get your part. Higher quality, better price, it doesn't make sense not to use them.
I have to agree with you 100%. I'm going to try them out.

·
Registered
195 Posts
No matter what part I need, for what vehicle, I always price shop Rock Auto vs. all local parts stores before I make a purchase. 80-90% of the time, Rock Auto has NEW PARTS, with a better warranty, than the local stores and their remanufactured parts.

Another example: just a couple weeks ago I needed rubber hood bumpers, both front and sides, for a '67 Impala. Oreilly's could only get the 2 fronts. No listing for the side hood bumpers. RockAuto had the side bumpers and for a great price!

If you don't see the part you need for your certain year vehicle on Rock Auto, do the part search with 1 year older or 1 year newer (as long as their was no major vehicle model changes) Sometimes the part you need will show up.

·
Registered
890 Posts
No matter what part I need, for what vehicle, I always price shop Rock Auto vs. all local parts stores before I make a purchase. 80-90% of the time, Rock Auto has NEW PARTS, with a better warranty, than the local stores and their remanufactured parts.

Another example: just a couple weeks ago I needed rubber hood bumpers, both front and sides, for a '67 Impala. Oreilly's could only get the 2 fronts. No listing for the side hood bumpers. RockAuto had the side bumpers and for a great price!

If you don't see the part you need for your certain year vehicle on Rock Auto, do the part search with 1 year older or 1 year newer (as long as their was no major vehicle model changes) Sometimes the part you need will show up.
How much do they charge for shipping?

·
Registered
195 Posts
It varies depending what warehouse your parts are shipping from, but I believe the cheapest is $8.95. They also let you choose the speed of shipping and the company; UPS, FedEx, or USPS.

Most of the time I get my parts in 2-3 days in Phx AZ. And I always use the least expensive shipping method!

It's fantastic service.

·
Registered
195 Posts
You just go to their website, look up your year, make, model, engine size, then pick the parts you are interested in. Click add to your cart, then when you go to check-out, it will show you the shipping costs and options. You don't have to purchase the items to see the shipping costs, although you will most likely have to type in your shipping address.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I’ve had good luck with a couple purchases, but a number of folks I know have had issues with quality recently.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Taxes usually varies depending what state you live in. Or they may not charge tax if you live in a different state than Rock Auto. I forget. I'll have to check out my last order and get back to you.

·
Registered
195 Posts
FYI- They have at least 3 different warehouses they ship from. After you've placed items in your cart, entered your shipping info, the screen will go to the shipping page. Depending on size & weight of your parts, price will vary. (It will also show you which parts ship from which warehouses. A, B, or C.)

My last couple orders had the choices of: UPS Ground $10, FedEx 3 day $33, and a guaranteed 2 day delivery for around $50. I chose UPS Ground.

Got the first item in my order in only 2 days from San Bernardino, Ca to Phoenix. The second half of my order showed up 2 days later from Hempstead NY.

Pretty fast for GROUND shipping. =)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts