Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 69 351W heads going on a 93 302. Besides stud mount rockers, what else has to be changed? Are the pushrods the same length? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Head bolt diameter is wrong....why use old 351W?, when a new GT-40 or 40P is better, allegedly.

·
Registered
368 Posts
'69 are good heads if they're ported and milled. When stock they're not much diferent than a stock e7 head, just smaller combustion chambers. Use headbolt washers for sure, pusrods will be close, maybe perfect but you should check em. Last thing, your gonna need a new spark plug socket for those big plugs.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would much rather use GT-40P's but I can't really find any used ones. I know you need the bushings for the different bolt size.
Anybody actually perform this swap? I know there's not much to it, I just don't want to do it blindfolded.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Wow, GTp heads or 69 windsor heads. new headers or new rockers. the windsors have much better potential and are a high performance peice compared to the GTp's. swappin these heads are worth some good power. Installin is no different that any aftermarket head. I dont even use the bushing on my heads but Im using ARP studs.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Wow, GTp heads or 69 windsor heads. new headers or new rockers. the windsors have much better potential and are a high performance peice compared to the GTp's. swappin these heads are worth some good power. Installin is no different that any aftermarket head. I dont even use the bushing on my heads but Im using ARP studs.
I learned just the opposite, with regards to potential. The GT-40 iron that came out way back when, was a 351W, with big improvements in airflow...but im not a head porter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts