Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can ayone tell me a good cleaning chemical i can shoot into header tubes and stuff like that to clean them up before i use them on my new engine?

TIA

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Don't spray anything into the TB. It has a funky coating and you will notice this when you remove the rubber hose going into it. It has a warning sticker. If you absolutely must clean the TB get some special cleaner for it from an auto store. As far as the headers go, I have never heard of anyone cleaning the headers! But maybe a pipe cleaner and simple green or another degreaser might work?

·
Registered
713 Posts
My throttle body sticks so bad that at time have to really press the accel pedal to get it to open at all. It is really a HUGe pain in the a$$. I took the hose off the front of my TB and manually cleaned the inside of the TB out with some special TB cleaner I got from my local auto store, and it didn't do a single bit of good.

Sprayed it right where the TB makes contact with the TB, as well as on a nice terry cloth, and wiped it down numerous times. I tried gently at first, then pretty vigerously (sp?) and it seems to clean it a bit, but the door sticks as much now as it ever has.

If anybody has any other information on this, I would appreciate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.