Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car normally runs 8.70's at 81.xx in the 1/8th. Lately it is running 9.1's at 78.2xx. Does heat and humitidy have that kind of an effect on these cars? I ran the time in my sig in 70 deg. weather I don't remember the humitidy though. Last night it was probably mid 80's and a storm was coming. Could something be wrong with my car or is it the weather? I had the car dyno'ed at FFW in Commerce and it made 226 hp and 263 torq. I thought this was kinda lowconsidering my mph. It was also very hot there like mid 90's. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Brent

·
Registered
523 Posts
i cant say for sure cause i have no solid evidence but i notice when it gets really hot and humid here my car gets pretty sluggish, id say just hope for a nice night for a track run with comparable weather to that of your better times and see what happens.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Heat and humidity do play an important role for these cars, even with all the new-fangled computers and such. I've seen variations of about 2 to 3 tenths before. Some things to consider:
1. Clutch slipage
2. Manual transmission: Are you hitting the gears at the same time, everytime?
3. Tire life: How many passes have you done on them and how often do you do "spirited" driving?
4. Quality of fuel. We're only talking a couple of tenths here.
5. Biggest thing: How well do you know your car? Even with degrading equipment, I can still get the times w/in a couple of tenths.

Just some things to think about.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No Control, I have no clutch slipage, and I shift every time at redline. New tires 275/40/17 Nittos on the back(not the DR's). I run 89 gas and have no detonation what so ever. And I know my car very well. I'm hoping it is just the weather causing this.
Thanks for the replys.

Brent

1 - 5 of 5 Posts