Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i want to do a rebuild on my stang by next summer, possibly with the systemax II kit if not with another set of heads and intake and what not... ill also be doing pistons and rods... most likely keep stock crank... anyways whats a good kit with strong gaskets? id like lockwire head gaskets but do i even need them... that stuff is all im doing to the motor then maybe a 100 shot of nitrous... so i dont know if the systemax kit is rated to the motor or the wheels but i guess if its to the wheels it will be 350 if advertisement is right or if its motor maybe 300 or alittle more to the wheels... and then 100 shot of nitrous... will a standard but strong felpro gasket work or do i need to oring the head and get the lock wire gasket... keep in mind that im looking for 400-450 reliable rwhp out of this motor with a stock block.... thats on the bottle so the block will usually only be stressed with 300-350 to the wheels... so what set is good and if i want it to be reliable should i do o-ring (im going to do arp head studs for sure either way) thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts