Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Iam thinking on using this company and with spending a large sum of money I just want to make sure.......If you can think of a better place tell me Thanks the beginning of my project rebuild :joy: Tell me a few other places to use

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I hope this isn't serious. Run a search on Excessive. No one has anything good to say about these clowns. Go to Summit or JDs. Do yourself a favor and avoid the temptation of their two page colorful ads in the rags.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
You better use the search feature of this board first or you may be in for a big suprise.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Everything is wrong with Excessive.

Go to www.jdsperformance.com (best prices around, great service) he can get stuff not on his site too.

Summit is also good for whatever JDs doesn't carry.

Big Pretty Ads = CRAP

Best of luck

·
Registered
555 Posts
Never order from excessive. Never Never ever. I will kill those guys if i ever see one of them. They jacked $300 from me and i will never see it unless i sue them and spend $1000 on litigation fees. Dont even think about it.

John

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
it amazes me that those a$$holes are still in business

·
Registered
428 Posts
I think the Q is misworded: should read: What's right with Excessive? :D

your results may vary, but mine sucketh...

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
stangdsm said:
it amazes me that those a$$holes are still in business
I was wandering the same thing! I had a bad experience with them, but I figured it was an isolated incident and that they just had horrible PR, until I found this site and read all the bad shti about them. How can a company stay in business with very few repeat customers? Anyway, I'm sure their boat will sink. It's just a matter of time.

on edit: My vote goes to Summit Racing. I've spent 1000s of dollars there, with not one bad experience.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have had great experiences with Summit, Jegs, Maximum Motorsports, Mustangs Unlimited, and PPI. I don't have any experience with Excessive as I was warned away from them long ago.

·
Registered
657 Posts
grn92conv said:
How can a company stay in business with very few repeat customers?
Easy, all the Mustang mags still run their huge color ad right in the front of the magazine. They all KNOW they are ripping everyone off too. Many people have written to MMFF about it, they don't care. As long as the ads run, people will buy from them.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Try Tommie Vaughn Motorsports. They have great prices, excellent servce, fast shipping and they are very helpful.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Excessive b.s. thats all there good for. i orderd a set of heads fron them, i took 4 weeks, 20-30 phone calls. oh ya cnc ported ya right??total ripe off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and sent me the wrong headers !

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
theyre so bad that ATI dropped them as a Procharger dealer.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Steer clear of Excessive!!...I recently had my sister order me a Taylor battery box from them and they would not ship it to her work!!!...I live in Canada and she lives in Michigan and this is why I got her to order the part for me...They said that they could only ship it to the billing address!!...Talk about lame...I have ordered from Summit many of times, and now they ask is this going to your work address every time she orders...Excessive needs to aquire some major customer service skills...And keeping in mind, this was just a $100 part!!...Imagine if it was a Tremec Tranny or something!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
they burned me some 7 years ago- And seem to be up to their old tricks still. They sent me the wrong part, much more expensive than i ordered, and charged me more for it than they even advertise for the part. When i called to have them send to pick it up, and send me what i ordered, and refund the extra, they argued with me and gave me all kinds of crap-

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
excessive (STAYCLEAR )

I ORDER THERE XSM-3 REAPER KIT AND IT TOOK THEM AMOST A YEAR TOO GET ME ALL THE PARTS. I ORDERED 640 LIFT VAVLE SPRINGS AND THEY CAME WITH 550 SPRINGS DID NOT KNOW TILL I PUT THEM ON . I HAD TOO PULL OFF THE HEADS AND GO TOO A MACHINE SHOP AND HAVE THE HEADS REDONE WITH THE RIGHT SPRINGS I CALLED THEM AND TOLD THEM THEY NEED TO PAY FOR THIS WORK AND THEY HUNG UP ON ME SO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE

·
Registered
476 Posts
I ordered my subframe connectors from them and recieved them in about 3 days. But, knowing what I know now I wouldn't take my chances with them. I'm not too confident in my luck:(

·
Registered
192 Posts
Given all the crap that's been written about this company, this should be a Lounge topic. Beam it over, Scottie...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts