Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
give the current mods in my sig, what do you think i sould run after an aluminum drive shaft and headers...and possibly switching to dynomax ultra flows? my current best was a [email protected], but that was in terrible air. my dad seems to think it had at least a 14.32 in good air. thanks guys, btw i'll probably be going with BBK Equals ceramic coated.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Re: what will adding a alum drive shaft and headers give me?

spacecaptan said:
give the current mods in my sig, what do you think i sould run after an aluminum drive shaft and headers...and possibly switching to dynomax ultra flows? my current best was a [email protected], but that was in terrible air. my dad seems to think it had at least a 14.32 in good air. thanks guys, btw i'll probably be going with BBK Equals ceramic coated.
I personally wouldn't recommend the equal length headers, just because installation/maintenance is a major pain. I like my BBK ceramic coated UNEQUAL length shortys.

As for the driveshaft, that is a good upgrade too. I will be doing mine in the next month or so.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i really am not worried too much about the install or anything cause we have a lift in our garage so we can take it up from the bottom if we have to. and i'm not worried about plugs or wires cause i check stuff and change things often enough that the wires won't get burned and i'm used to the plugs being a ***** to change.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Does the lighter aluminum driveshaft give any performance advantages other then srtength?

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
94svt5.0 said:
Does the lighter aluminum driveshaft give any performance advantages other then srtength?
There's less mass to rotate, so there is a SLIGHT improvement in acceleration, although probably not noticeable.

But the aluminum driveshaft tends to be quieter and smoother (less vibration) than the bulky stock iron one.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
spacecaptan said:
i really am not worried too much about the install or anything cause we have a lift in our garage so we can take it up from the bottom if we have to. and i'm not worried about plugs or wires cause i check stuff and change things often enough that the wires won't get burned and i'm used to the plugs being a ***** to change.

In all honestly, you should worry a little about the changing of plugs w/ the equal length headers. I can honestly say I REALLY regret going with them over unequals. They are a real pain to change versus unequal lengths. I've done my share of both and it takes half the time w/ unequal length headers, not to mention w/ my hooker equal length shortys, I burn boots all the time, its almost impossible not to. so I ended up having to wrap thick vacuum tubing around the boots in order to prevent heat warpage...well at least slow down the process.
good luck

Dan
95 rio red cobra #2021

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
You might as well get a set of long tube headers over the equal length headers. The HP difference between the unequal length and equal length is minumal less than 8 hp. The long tubes will get more hp with the same amount of pain to install. If HP is more imporant then get the long tubes.. If ease of install and plug change, get the un-equal shorties.
BTW, you will probly have to raise the engine some to get the equal and long tube headers installed, even with a lift. Must be nice to have a lift at the house......:) Lucky B.:D :joy:

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
94CobraPace said:
You might as well get a set of long tube headers over the equal length headers. The HP difference between the unequal length and equal length is minumal less than 8 hp.
I completely agree.

And if you do decide to get equal length shortys, PLEASE get ones that have a single flange.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'll definitly getting ones with a single flange. i've already got a bassani x pipe for the shorties or i would go long tubes. i didn't plan enough in advance. i guess i'll just wait till i can afford a 351 swap to get long tubes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts