Ford Mustang Forums banner
121 - 122 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
What a read especially remembering the 5.0 shootouts. Late 1980's I had a 79 Pace car, 302, Toploader, 9" rearend, spool, 4.11's and a 225 shot of N2O running 11.0's @ 125mph several years before most anyone was running that fast in a Mustang. Pulled the front tires off the ground in three gears..mainly due to sloppy struts tho. Even raced it with a baby seat strapped in the back seat that belonged to my GF. Once the shootouts came out I contacted the mags but noone was interested. That was the only car I owned for 13 years and even got pics of the car with studded snow tires on it for the winter drives to school/work and the motorcycle trailer attached to the rear hitch. I had two clutches, one standard and one bronze for the track and every two weeks or so I pulled the trans out to put in the race clutch to go racing. I did it all on the rock driveway of my parents acreage, no jack or anything, just benching that MOFO up into place.. Damn I hated it. Which is why I prefer my current one a lot better!

ks

121 - 122 of 122 Posts