Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Title says it all...Is it Negligable or Noticable??

Thinking of going with Flatops for my Rebuild...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Its not gonna be huge, but you'll feel it. Probably feel similar to an Hpipe and pullies or somethin'... :D

·
Premium Member
5,154 Posts
Basic rule of thumb is 20hp for every point of compression increased. That may be a little optimistic as well. Better throttle response and more torque as well.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Stock compression ratio is 9.85:1, so you won't see a ton of hp. But that little extra may help you squeak by a chevy some day :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ron99Cobra said:
Stock compression ratio is 9.85:1, so you won't see a ton of hp. But that little extra may help you squeak by a chevy some day :)
I squeek by some Pontiacs now...

I actually have this race on Video...GTvsLS1

THE RUN WAS ALL MOTOR VS ALL MOTOR...

The times you see are reaction Times NOT 60' TIMES...

I pulled a 1.8 to his 1.9

If the race would have been further than a 1/4 mile I would have lost, but we raced 1/4 mile...

The next time him and I race he will be on ET streets and I will be on Et drags...

5K launches for him and 7k Launches for me...Im gonna do a Little bit of weight reduction in order to make it close...

Its all in good fun...Here is another Pass I made that same day...

CLICK ME FOR A 12.4 pass

Im not looking for a ton of Horsepower...But I figure with bumped compression, Ported Heads, and a decent cam grind...I should squeeze out anothetr win...!

·
Registered
276 Posts
ac1122 said:
I squeek by some Pontiacs now...

I actually have this race on Video...GTvsLS1

THE RUN WAS ALL MOTOR VS ALL MOTOR...

The times you see are reaction Times NOT 60' TIMES...

I pulled a 1.8 to his 1.9

If the race would have been further than a 1/4 mile I would have lost, but we raced 1/4 mile...

The next time him and I race he will be on ET streets and I will be on Et drags...

5K launches for him and 7k Launches for me...Im gonna do a Little bit of weight reduction in order to make it close...

Its all in good fun...Here is another Pass I made that same day...

CLICK ME FOR A 12.4 pass

Im not looking for a ton of Horsepower...But I figure with bumped compression, Ported Heads, and a decent cam grind...I should squeeze out anothetr win...!
Man , I gat to give it to you. You have one quick car for the mods you got, I bet a lot of people are surprise to see a COBRA motor in that thing. NICE!:joy:

·
Registered
141 Posts
If your gonna spend the money and have the motor open, I would opt for the extra money on a stroker setup 5.0/5.3. BTW your car runs good.

·
Registered
387 Posts
The Desktop Dyno 2000 is guessing about 10-12 hp and another 8 lb-ft at the motor, not the tires. That's on a bone stock motor. That's an increase of about 3-3.5%. You could take your current power level and multiply by 1.033 and see where that gets you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts