Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there something special us high milers can put in it to keep that od band going strong? How much do I put in? It holds about 5 quarts right?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I've always used Valvoline Mercon/Dexron III, my car has 116,xxx miles on it and the tranny has always worked just fine for me.

My tranny took almost 12 quarts after the converter swap. They hold a ton!

--Brian.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Mercon Dexron III will be just fine. The AOD's hold about 11 quarts total. When I had my old stock AOD, I had problems with OD slipping and I used so much of that "tranny fix" stuff it wasnt even funny. I have to say that the Lucas Transmission Fix fluid worked really good for me for about 2 weeks, then I had to add another bottle. If your not slipping, I wouldnt see the need for it. I was going to add some synthetic to my Lentech, but synthetic can be expensive, so I just used regular dexron III. Are you going to be replacing all of the fluid or just dropping the pan? If your just dropping the pan, its only like 4 quarts (I think) that comes out.

One more thing.... stay away from that Duralube trans fluid. Ive heard some bad things about it.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm doing a converter/valve body swap.

Nik

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
ok.

Ther should be some instructions on how much to add, etc..

Just be sure to lube the converter before installing it and I think about a quart of fluid goes in the converter also before putting it on. Never done any of this myself, but there should be instructions with the VB and converter.

BTW... im heading over to Langley this weekend. If im not mistaken, its about 10 miles from Aiken right??

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, its about 10 miles from Aiken, you planning a trip to Carolina Dragway Saturday evening? I'll be out there but not gonna run it.

Nik

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
No. Im not even going to have the stang. Im just coming over that way for a family reunion. Where is carolina dragway at?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its in Jackson, about 20 miles from Langley.

Nik

1 - 8 of 8 Posts