Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what tranny fluid other people are using in their T-5. I got my steeda Tri-Ax the other day and plan on changing the fluid while the shifter is off. I was thinking about going with a synthetic. Any recommendations, suggestions, or opinions?

Thanks
Johnny

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have used Amsoil, Redline, and Mobil1 ATF and all are excellent. If you are going with synthetic, just get whats easily availabe. Everyone will have their personal favorite just like motor oils, but all of the name brands will be very similar.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Redline D4. ~$30 a gallon from Summit. It is made for manual transmissions that use ATF.

Matt

·
Registered
112 Posts
I switched my trans to Mobil1 atf two years ago (I average 3k miles a year) but it seemed to actually make shifting harder. I changed back to regular atf this winter and shifting seems smooth again. My experience, for what it's worth.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I switched my trans to Mobil1 atf two years ago (I average 3k miles a year) but it seemed to actually make shifting harder. I changed back to regular atf this winter and shifting seems smooth again. My experience, for what it's worth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts