Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got about $3,500 i can spend on the car. Going ahead and putting that this is just going to be a steet car, never dragged more then likely, other then the occasional street race.:cool: So with that said, what do you think i should do next? Here is list of what i already have:

BBK L/T & H-pipe- Flowmaster 40's
3:73
aluminum D/S
31 Spline Axels and Diff.
Shifter
Lowers Springs

Also, i mainly want ths to be performance oriented.

thanks,

zach

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you just want to be performance oriented and have a nice, fast street car I would buy a supercharger. You can buy a full supercharger kit from Tim and T&J Performance and get it dyno tuned for under $4000. With your mods you could see real close to 400rwhp and still have a good street car. T&J do great work and are very nice guys. Check them out at www.modularfordpowerhouse.com or give Tim a call. He will be more than happy to sit down with you and go over your options.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
supercharger would be nice, but i was going to wai ton that after i could get a engine built...... are there any other suggestions on aybe smaller things, i should do or go ahead and buy a short block and keep my stock head until i can afford PI heads..... any suggestions would be great..

zach

·
Registered
136 Posts
The PI heads help out a lot. If you decide to get the supercharger after you put on the heads I think you will need to change the short block to get the compression right. With the heads, gears, and exhaust you should get into the low 13's. I would go ahead and do the heads and then save your money untill you can get a new short block. After that you can put on a supercharger and run 11's. I think you would be very happy with the heads for now.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Ported & Polished PI headswap, Longtubes, Gears, Midpipe, catback, Shifter, steeda pulleys, Spec Stage 2, and still have money to burn.....
Dave

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if i were to get the PI head swap and wnet ahead and got them ported and polished, coul di go ahead and put in a blower cam and my car still run right? or what else will i have to do?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts