Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I want to run drag radials on the street....this car will not be dragged at the track, yet I want 275/50/15 tires on the rear.

The Weld 16x8.5's are taking too long to come in... I'm going to a 15x9 rim
thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
Honestly, no flame intended-try a low rider mag or something. A 17 would have tons of choices. I was going to say the only one Ive seen is the drag radial. But BFG radial T/A does come in some peculiar sizes like that.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Nitto Drag Radials are an excellent street tire and come in a 275/50-15.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
kermitas playtoy said:
Honestly, no flame intended-try a low rider mag or something.
LOL! That size tire is just about perfect on our cars, no really a lowrider size. A 205 50 15 maybe.

Anywyas just about all the manufacturers make that size. I had regular BFG Radial T/A's in that size. Not drag radials and dirt cheap. Just over $100 per tire canadian. Do you have a particular manufacturer in midn for tires? If so check out their websites and see what they offer. Most will have a tire this size.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TC89LX

Actually.... that's the problem... there are only 2 companies that I can find making that size tire BFG and NITTO

:0(

How did the BFG radial 275/50/15's hold up on the street? for $100 a tire, I could care less!

where were you getting them for that price 'exactly'??

·
Registered
713 Posts
thats what i run, 15x9 weld and 275/50/15s bfg drs

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
I'm lost here. Do you want a drag radial? The Radial T/A's I listed were not drag radials. Just your basic run of the mill radial tire. Dirt cheap and seemed to wear forever. I bought mine locally for I think it was $112 plus mounting which I did myself. Basic radials plenty fo companies make that size.

BUT, if you did want a drag radial then you only have the 2 choices you listed. Nittos would have to be bought out of the US and shipped up. There aren't many Canadian distributors for Nittos up here. I priced the BFG Comp T/A darg radials from my speed shop guy in Hamilton ON and they priced out for roughly $260 CDN for that size.

I had BFG Drags on mine for a brief period, great tire for traction but I couldn't see getting more than a summer out of a pair on a street/strip application.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok... for $260 Canadian a tire.. forget the BFG Drag Radials...

What kind of traction can I get with the regular Radials.. BFG Radial TA's... and what speed rating are they? I'm putting adjustable MM LCA's on the car so that should help with traction

I can get the BFG Radial TA 275/50/15's for $149 balanced and installed here.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Traction is relative to your driving style. On mine they were a joke at half throttle but driving normally they were fine.

Don't expect killer holeshots with them unless you are good at modulating gas/clutch action.

They wear nice though, probably get some good use out of them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts