Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the msd box. Right now I have 30# injectors, 70mm TB, 73mm MAF and fuel pressure set at 40# with aeromotive unit.

Timing is at 10* with one range colder plugs gapped at 040.

Can I go as high as 15* with the retard knob set at 1*/lb of boost? Also, should I open my plugs to .054?

BTW, I'm gonna ditch my FMU.

one last dumb question. I assume you attach a vacuum line to the end of the msd box. The directions don't mention it, but that's the only way for it to sense boost, right?

·
Formerly BLOWN1989SALEEN
5,755 Posts
set your base timing to 13-14 and shoot for a total timing of 20 @WOT, and whatever you do BE SURE the BTM is pulling the amount of timing you THINK it is pulling, i roasted a HG on my last track outing due to a faulty MSD 6BTM not pulling the proper amount of timing. read the excellent post on the spout out timing issue on this board.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the person I bought it from just had it checked out by MSD. Do they normally check that it's pulling timing?

·
Formerly BLOWN1989SALEEN
5,755 Posts
rbridges said:
the person I bought it from just had it checked out by MSD. Do they normally check that it's pulling timing?
if its been checked, then you SHOULD be fine but i would still check it with a timing light and use a compressor to simulate boost and see if it does pull what you think it should be;)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read that other thread about pulling the spout. Pretty interesting. I'm probably gonna give it a try.

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts