Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help here guy's. I want to replace the springs on my 92 GT with a set of drag oriented ones, my only problem is I don't want it to sit as high as stock or as high as the Eibach Drags. Is there any alternative that will perform well at the strip, but offer me a nice looking ride height. I was thinking about getting a set of Eibachs and cutting them down a coil, but don't have a clue about how to do it, or if you even can. Also thought about a set of FMS "B" springs, or maybe even a full set of coil overs. Basically I want to sit a little lower than stock, but be able to hook at the track, any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Im using the stock v-8 rears and a Moroso Trick spring up front... Havent put them in yet , but the guy thats going to is going to cut them accordingly... This combo from what Ive heard from others works quite well...

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was going to buy a set of Eibachs, and heard that you can cut them, I just don't know how to do it myself, or who to take them to, to have it done.

·
Banned
3,819 Posts
4 cylinder mustang springs work very well on the drag strip, are livable on the street and with a heavy V8 sitting on them they definetly ride a lot lower than stock.... just my 2 cents :)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Stock springs in the rear from what Ive seen other people using.... Hell , I was looking at the NMRA site and have profiles of some of the cars using stock springs all the way around...

·
Banned
3,819 Posts
yep, 4 poppers front and back seem to do that job really well, I personally know a guy that cuts low 1.5 60's with em on 26x8" et streets.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
If you want to change lower control arms then that is the best way. Keep the springs you have and adjust the control arm to the heigth you desire.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seems like the springs aren't as important as shocks, struts, and tires, so I think I will just go with a set of FMS "B" springs since they are lb. rated similar to stock, and will give me a nice ride height without being too low. A good set of shocks, and struts should round out the package nicely. How are the KYB AGX's ?

p.s. the car already has uppers, and lowers

Thanks for all the help guy's !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts